Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.
Friday, May 17, 2013


The #1 Personal Finance Book of All Times 
Title: Rich Dad Poor Dad
Author: Robert T. Kiyosaki 
Genre: Finance 
Pages: 178

I heard of this book before, but i never got the chance to really read it until my friend bought it. Once he finish reading it , I quickly borrow it from him. 

My Financial Knowledge Sucks, How About You
I find the title interesting and wonder what will the book reveal. I was blown by the first few chapters right away, it really challenged many traditional ideas and concept about money, job and income. Mr Kiyosaki keep emphasizing then to be rich, you have to first invest in financial education. To invest and gain financial knowledge to our minds for that is the greatest asset.

I feel very sad that I did not receive any financial knowledge in school and from my parents. I was taught by the traditional way to do well in school, get a scholarship, get in university and get a good job. That is the way most people will go to feel secure and stable but then when you get married, buy a house, owe the bank, need to pay bills, taxes, groceries, etc. Then your beloved children are born, you need to feed them as well. Do you think a paycheck a month will help you fulfill your dreams and all your family needs?

Or would you like to gain financial freedom and have the time to do what you want, spend time with your family, travel the world and the like. I know this sounds controversial, but it can really be achieved if you have the will. He introduced many more concepts and ways too that really inspired me to think differently about money and many things.

If You Want To Be Rich, Don't Go To School 
I really recommend anyone - no matter you are a student, working or retired to read this book if you haven't! You must, trust me. If you want to know why I typed this subtitle, go read his book and you will understand why. If you can't afford it, you can find an audio/video version of it on Youtube for free. What are you doing, go read this amazing book!


WEEK #2 PREVIEW: I have decided to read an autobiography, stay tuned.


0 comments: