Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.
Friday, May 17, 2013

Hello ladies and gentlemen, friends and families. I have decided to take up this challenge of reading a book a week. I call it「Max's 1Week1Book Challenge」.  I have first heard of this kind of thing in a blog I stumbled upon if I remember, this guy successfully done it he read 52 books in a year. I felt it was amazing and interesting and would like to try it. Now, I finally decided the start the ball rolling. 

Out of Everything Why Are You Doing This 
You can call me a bookworm, nerd or whatever you want but I believe that books have great knowledge and power. It can challenge your way of thinking, it can give you inspiration, it can teaches you new skills, it is very very interesting. It is better than TV shows and movies. 

"You want weapons? We're in a [bookstore]! Books! The bests weapons in the world!" 

It makes me feel awesome. Don't you feel great if you can accomplish something like this? A book a week. You can have some bragging rights. Plus it helps me the build my habit of completion. That is why I set the time limit of 1 week 1 book. I need to kill that procrastination of mine.  

Why One Week One Book
Why not just read more books? Why one book in one week? Let me ask you a question instead. We are all once students right? We all have experienced preparing for exams. We know the date of the exam. Some people prepare for it gradually, studying everyday. Some people just prepare at the last minute. But I bet most of us did it last minute, because I am one of them too. And when it comes to last minute, our energy suddenly rises, what seems to be days where we find no interest in digging into our books became opposite and we are motivated to study -- because exams are just around the corner.

It is because we had a deadline or we knew the date. Same thing applies here. Setting a goal like this will make me take it seriously. The week is almost coming to an end! I need to read faster!  You get it? We need to set BIG goals in our life, that even we are afraid of it. And when we're afraid, will think of that goal more and definitely try to accomplish it. 

I Dare You To Join Me
I hereby invite this opportunity to join me in this challenge and change your life. Would you like to? Leave a comment here. Normally I read story books, but for this challenge I would focus more on books like self-help, motivation, skill-acquiring, etc. I believe that's where I can grow myself the most. 

Stay tuned for my journey on this challenge, subscribe if you would like. I will be posting my progress and the reviews of the books I read. See you Soon! :)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

http://recruitlikedarrell.com/
http://recruitlikedarrell.com/
http://recruitlikedarrell.com/